Creative writing of music and lyrics is much valued in today’s marketplace. This course aims to develop students’ musical skills and devices related to songwriting. The goal is to cultivate a more confident and comfortable songwriting artist.
Fill a form and we will schedule an interview with you to help you choose the course level. No payment info needed.
1 on 1 Private Class
• Tailored classes
• Work with teacher closely
• Proceed faster to a higher level
• Full attention from the instructor
• Flexible schedule
Small Group Class
• Learn with same level learners
• Cooperation with peers
• Take group examination
• Progress with peers
• Learn from other peers
Duration: 16 courses, 1hour/class
This course aims at providing students with a solid background in the art of songwriting. The purpose of this course is to motivate the student to acquire a method of studying and preparing songs in a variety of styles. Students will learn the study of lyrics, melody, harmony and song structure to create songs. Each student will work on their original compositions in class. Simple computer tools will be used to aid in creating, hearing and notating students’ work.
Assessment: Students will be able to write one song by themselves.
• Listen to several songs and focus on the lyrics
• Write short phrases or sentences according to a theme
• Analyze some songs
• Share feelings
By the end of this course, students will be able to:
• Create original songs with lyrics, melody, and chord progressions
• Analyze other music pieces
• Create memorable verses, prechoruses, choruses, and bridges
• Understand the structures behind the hits
• Articulate the variety of musical and lyrical approaches and thematic material in other songs