The course will introduce you to the professional practices necessary to select, edit, rehearse and present monologues. By the end of this course, you will be able to master the skills of selecting and preparing audition materials.
Fill a form and we will schedule an interview with you to help you choose the course level. No payment info needed.
1 on 1 Private Class
• Tailored classes
• Work with teacher closely
• Proceed faster to a higher level
• Full attention from the instructor
• Flexible schedule
Small Group Class
• Learn with same level learners
• Cooperation with peers
• Take group examination
• Progress with peers
• Learn from other peers
Duration: 16 courses, 1hour/class
This course is a practical course which aims to teach students audition techniques. Students will investigate, select and prepare audition material appropriate to the individual and the audition calls. Students will practice in front of the camera with sides from movies and TV shows. This course includes exercises in handling “cold” readings and in learning to look at audition from the casting director’s point of view. This class aims to develop an ease working in front of the camera and increase the confidence to perform and to shine in every audition.
Assessment: Students can pass the audition and get the character they want to play.
• Audition in front of the camera
• Cold reading skills
• Practice and present audition pieces
• Create acting resume
• Learn more aspects of audition
By the end of this course, students will be able to:
• audition for roles in professional, community, and educational theatre
• utilize acting techniques to become more adept at auditioning
• understand the business aspects of the theatre profession
• explore the technological resources available to aid with finding auditions, promoting oneself, and acquiring an agent
• develop cold reading skills
• perform three prepared audition pieces (monologues)
• identify a photographer to take headshots and be able to select the type of pictures needed for a career in the theatre and create a professional looking resume.
• understand the requirements of a musical theatre audition